How do I find patient balance or bills to print, email or export?
Print, email, export bill(s)
Print a single Bill (same as Receipt) in TRANSACTIONS
"Receipt" is the default (right) button so you can also just hit ENTER.
To Print an RX, or Order click on that button.
Print Monthly Bills , click "Send Bills" on the left
Look for dispensing errors?
This will find transactions that have materials but no dispensed date. You will be given a list to print.
Shows you a list of transactions that may have errors
OD Link auto marks these as dispensed. You can choose "yes" to print the list so you can check them. If for any reason they really weren't dispensed, you can go into that transaction and remove the dispensed date. These are marked with "auto" as the dispensed by so that you know you auto-marked them.
You can then choose filters. 1: Choose options 2: choose how far you want to go back and find patient balances OR 2: choose a specific date range. Then click "Find"
1. Mark the selected TRANSACTIONS with the billing sent date (tracks the last two sent dates). This marks the entire list with today's date and moves the current bill sent to the previous bill sent. So you always have the last two sent dates. You can always mark these yourself one at a time if you choose. "Mark Batch" does the work for you on the entire list. Mark Batch also advances the cycle number of each patient to keep track of how many bills you have sent and to help with increasing urgency pay prompters.
2. Choose to add a billing fee and/or interest. Billing Fees are explained below.
3. Print or upload to Apex.
Add Billing Fees
For billing fees to work you must mark Billing Period in preferences. Go to Preference then Messges/Billing Defaults. Then mark either Monthly or 2 Week.
For a flat billing fee use the "Billing Fee" or "Billing Fee/Acct" button.
You must also have a flat billing fee in your fee list and the code must be 160. Amount can be anything you want and the Description can be anything you want.
For a percentage interest fee click on "Interest" or Interest/Acct"
For a percentage interest fee you must have a fee in your fees list and the code must be 162. Call OD Link to set up exactly what percentage you would like to charge.
After you hit print
You will be given options of how you would like to print bills. "Bills" simply prints each transaction as it's own bill. Summarized will give you further options (shown below). Prompters will print individual bills for each transactions and they will include prompters depending on how old the bill is. The different prompters are set in preferences.
If you use pay prompter, you bill might look like this
In this case the bill has been sent 4 times and so the message is "Urgent."
If you choose "Summarized"
You will then be given the option to summarize by account which would print one bill for an entire family or to summarize by patient which would print one bill for each patient including any transactions they might have.
Other options in the Bill/Receipt window (click "Bill/Receipt to get there)
From here you could also
1. Pay Prompt - add a message that contains increasing urgency based on the number of times the bill has been sent
2. Totals on one page - Summarize by PATIENT or ACCOUNT, "Balance due or ALL" with or without a date range (for flex plan) with a total at the bottom.
3. More options and review old billing batches.
4. Save or email the bill as a PDF.
Newer copies of OD Link might have different choices for receipts like 1: With Pt pays or 2: Only Pt pays.