How do I add a new patient?
Steps to add a new patient.
OD Link Home Page
At the OD Link Home Page, click on "Patients"
Enter a new patient into OD Link
If you are already in OD Link and want to add a new patient, click on the Patient Tab.
Click the "+" add button to add or enter a new patient.
Choose Blank if this is a new family or individual to the practice. Choose Similar if other family members have already been entered.
Choose blank to enter a new patient with no family members already entered into OD Link.
Note: See lesson How do I add a new family? for choosing Similar.
Enter the patient's personal information
Enter the patient's information. Click in the field under or next to the Field Name. OD Link creates the Patient Number and Account for you.
1. First name
2. Last name
3. Street Address
4. City, State, Zip Code
5. Phone numbers (Enter cell phone in appropriate space for text feature to work)
6. Date of Birth (Enter using 0/0/0000 not 00-00-0000)
8. Guardian (if the patient is a minor)
9. E-mail address ("Pass" is for sending password protected emails and "Reminder" is for the hint (i.e. dog's name))
11. Insurance information (There is space for Primary, Secondary and Tertiary Insurance providers.)
NOTE: This is the only time you will enter the patient's information. OD Link will pull information from this page to other Windows, reports, letters and correspondence. If the patient's personal information changes, update it here in the Patient Window.